|Wed 17th March 2021||N/A||TBC|
|Wed 16th December 2020||N/A||TBC|
|Wed 23rd September 2020||7.00 pm||Zoom|
|Wed 20th May 2020||N/A||The Council Chamber|| |
Committee Terms of Reference
- The Committee will comprise at least 3 councillor Members.
- Where the Mayor or Deputy Mayor choose not to be a members of the committee they are non-voting ex-officio members.
- The quorum of the Committee shall be 3 Members
- The Committee shall undertake the following role and functions:
- Keep under review the safety of the community within the parish and make recommendations to the council on any matters involving community safety;
- Liaise with the emergency services in relation to community safety matters;
- Liaise with the local planning and highways authorities on community safety matters affecting the parish in relation to their functions;
- Liaise with the unitary authority, NHS bodies, Environment Agency and other public bodies on community safety matters affecting the Town;
- Encourage and support community involvement in community safety initiatives within the parish.
- Approve Town Council contracts for services related to community safety functions.
- Monitor income and expenditure of those items in the budget listed under the heading of Community Safety and Public Toilets;
- Approve the virement of funds between items in the budget listed under the heading of Community Safety;
- Recommend to the Full Town Council for inclusion in the draft budget additional budget items that are related to community safety matters.
- The committee may delegate any or all of its functions to an officer of the Town Council.
- The committee may, subject to at least an annual review, co-opt non-councillors to the committee in an advisory capacity provided the committee does not exceed 10 members. (they will have voting rights within the limits advised by NALC in its Legal Topic Note No 9)
- The Committee may form sub-committees or working groups, in an advisory capacity, for individual issues that have a limited life-span.