West Mercia Police have issued a new fraud warning ahead of Black Friday:
In the heat of the moment, it can be hard to tell, especially in the run up to Black Friday!
Criminals may try to trick you into purchasing goods/services that don’t exist by advertising them at too good to be true prices.
- Protect your money and information by only using retailers you trust, or authorised sellers named on official websites when shopping for deals online.
- Does the the offer sound too good to be true?
- Are they refusing to provide you with additional photos?
- Do they want you to pay up front by bank transfer?
- Only use the secure payment method recommended by retailers and auction sites, where possible use a credit card for purchases over £100 and up to £30,000 as you receive protection under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act
#Take Five – It could be a scam.
- Stop – Taking a moment to stop and think can keep you and your money safe.
- Challenge – Keep your money and information safe from criminals by only purchasing items from authorised sellers and doing your research fully before making a purchase.
- Protect – if you think you’ve fallen for a scam contact your bank immediately and report it to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040.